The Legacy International Center is set to open this winter in the heart of San Diego’s Mission Valley. The new resort will have a 126-room hotel and conference center; an International Experience Center; and a 500-seat performing arts theater.
Conceived by Dr. Morris Cerullo, who has traveled to 93 countries and spoken to more than 5 million people in his 88 years, the Legacy International Center will provide a wide variety of activities for visitors — whether for a day trip to experience the International Experience Center, or for a weekend stay at the hotel.
Attractions – Opening its doors in January 2020, the International Experience Center is billed as a celebration of the nations of the world and will include:
- A dramatic 18-foot-tall interactive globe that gives visitors the chance to learn about different cultures — a feature that won the “2019 Product of the Year” at the National Association of Broadcasters Convention in Las Vegas.
- A series of galleries that offer immersive stories told in two- to three-minute increments via floor-to-ceiling video projections.
- A thrilling 4-D, 100-seat motion theater, conceived by former Disney Imagineers, where guests can experience “Wings Over Israel”, a full sensory “hang gliding” tour of Israel complete with sights, sounds and scents.
- An underground maze of stone chamber catacombs where massive original works of biblical art by 3-D illusion artist Kurt Wenner will line the walls.
- A curated botanical garden for moments of quiet reflection.
Hotel – Reservations are now available for stays starting in December at the boutique-style five-story hotel that will offer:
- 126 rooms and suites in a variety of room types, including a Presidential Suite overlooking San Diego.
- A spa and salon with a full menu of treatments and services
- A private pool
Dining Experiences – Overseen by San Diego Executive Chef Brian Freerksen, options include:
- A fine dining Italian prime steakhouse, Theresa’s, with intimate indoor dining as well as an open-air patio.
- For more casual fare, The Fountains will offer unique twists on American favorites with indoor and outdoor plaza seating.
Open-Air Plaza – The Legacy Plaza will serve as the Center’s gathering place for visitors to enjoy San Diego’s perennial sunshine and feature:
- A 110-foot-long Western Wall, made from authentic Jerusalem Gold limestone from Israel that will pay tribute to the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem
- A 30-head Show Fountain, created by fountain builders Outside the Lines, will come to life several times an hour in a blend of music, light and water dance for the delight of guests of all ages.
- The International Market where guests can discover goods, foods and spices from around in an ancient souk atmosphere.
- A display of light and sound every December during Christmas City USA, featuring a 50-foot Christmas tree that will come to life during an LED light show choreographed with the show fountain.
The Pavilion Theater – A 500-seat, multi-use performing arts theater featuring a variety of programming from movies to live performances. Behind the scenes, full studio capabilities will be available, including a recording studio, edit bays and audio booths.
Legacy Conference Center – Adjacent to the theater, 6,000 square feet of meetings space is now available for bookings featuring convertible rooms to fit a wide variety of groups.
Immediate access to the resort is available from Interstate 8 as well as the nearby San Diego International Airport. The Center is also on the San Diego trolley line.