The W Los Angeles – West Beverly Hills is completing a comprehensive $4 million renovation of its meeting and event offerings, which will debut December 2019. The hotel has a total of 10,000 square feet of flexible indoor / outdoor meeting and events space, as well as a meetings specialist to assist planners.
With planning led by Dawson Design Associations, the redesigned social spaces will aim to reflect the hotel’s Southern California vibe, illuminated with filtered layers of light that wash onto plaster reliefs set in sculpted white walls. The modern interiors contain original photographs, sculptures and cloud-inspired glass chandeliers, as well as contemporary sectional sofas and daybeds.
Signature elements of the new spaces include updated audiovisual equipment with cascading projection screens and 80-inch smart screens with Bluetooth technology and connectivity. Each area has dedicated sound systems that can be customized with personal playlists, and a media wall in the pre-function space can display visuals based on each group’s needs.
The new spaces are:
- Production: A 2,000-square-foot space with a patio area and built-in AV, including a drop-down ceiling screen and projector, and ready-to-use 80 smart displays with Bluetooth technology. Showcasing spiraling light fixtures, wood-toned backdrops and paneled ceilings, and water-inspired elements throughout, Production can accommodate meetings of up to 80 people classroom-style, 140 people banquet-style or 180 people reception-style.
- Focus One: A 908-square-foot space with a drop-down projection screen, this space is equipped with tilted light fixtures, wood accents and natural light. The space is set away from the busier areas of the hotel for private gatherings or executive meetings.
- Focus Two: This 835-square-foot meeting space is equipped with starry globe lighting and has ready-to-use 80” smart screens with Bluetooth technology. Depending on the style of meeting or event, Focus Two can hold anywhere from 40 to 90 guests.
- Pre-Function Space: All three new meeting spaces are centered around 244 square feet of pre-function space inclusive of contemporary furnishings, lounge seating, natural lighting and expansive ceilings.
The property’s banquet menus have also received an update, with highlights including interactive, rotating stations such as make-your-own acai bowl, twisted tea, and more. Additionally, guests will have the opportunity to record “Live from the WLA” as a unique breakout option with access to professional podcast equipment.
The hotel also has six existing venues:
- WET Deck – the hotel’s largest venue – spans more than 5,000 square feet and can accommodate up to 250 people. The space offers poolside views, private cabanas, and flexible event setups.
- The 375-square-foot Strategy Boardroom, located on the second floor, has a capacity of 25 people and includes white leather executive chairs and a long wooden table. The space can be set up theatre-, conference-, reception- or banquet-style, and offers an indoor/outdoor function space leading into the Terrace.
- The Terrace space is a medium-sized venue with lush greenery and various seating areas ranging from couches to a selection of high-tops. It can fit up to 100 people.
- Studio One is a pillarless space with modern decor and no air walls, lined by windows to provide natural light. This more than 1,400-square-foot space fits up to 110 people.
- The 496-square-foot Studio Two venue can accommodate up to 30 people reception-style and offers a more secluded space for more intimate gatherings.
- The nearly 950-square-foot Studio Three room can host 25-80 people, and it is surrounded by expansive windows.