Three U.S. airports have received GBAC STAR facility accreditation from The Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC), a Division of ISSA. They are: Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) International Airport (the first airport in the world to earn the accreditation), Palm Beach International Airport in West Palm Beach, FL, and John Glenn Columbus International Airport in Columbus, OH.
The airports are joined by more than 20 additional newly accredited facilities, including McCormick Place in Chicago, Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles and more.
One of the busiest airports in the world, DFW International Airport has more than 160 aircraft gates and welcomed nearly 75 million passengers in 2019. It is home to the largest American Airlines hub and will have a GBAC STAR-accredited American Airlines lounge in the near future as part of the airline’s commitment to GBAC STAR for its entire fleet and lounges. John Glenn Columbus International Airport served more than 8.5 million passengers in 2019, while the Palm Beach International Airport is an award-winning facility that has a 600,000-square-foot terminal.
The following additional facilities have earned GBAC STAR accreditation last week:
- Grand Hyatt Hong Kong in Hong Kong
- Hyatt Place Fort Wayne in Fort Wayne, IN
- Hyatt Regency Chongqing in Chongqing, China
- Hyatt Regency Orange County in Garden Grove, CA
- Hyatt Regency Saipan in Saipan, Mariana Islands
- Hyatt Regency Washington in Washington, D.C.
- Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Golf Club & Spa in Carlsbad, CA
- Thompson Washington D.C. in Washington, D.C.
- Hotel Santa Caterina (a Leading Hotels of the World member) in Amalfi, Italy
- Beanfield Centre in Toronto
- Better Living Centre in Toronto
- Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex in Birmingham, AL
- Enercare Centre in Toronto
- Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio
- La Crosse Center in La Crosse, WI
- Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas
- McCormick Place in Chicago
- Miami Beach Convention Center in Miami Beach
- Queen Elizabeth Exhibit Hall in Toronto
- Renasant Convention Center in Memphis, TN
- Savannah Convention Center in Savannah, GA
To review a full list of GBAC STAR accredited facilities, committed facilities, and industry supporters, visit gbac.issa.com/gbac-star-facilities-and-supporters.