The first Proper Hotel outside of California, the Austin Proper Hotel, is now open. The new property is steps away from Lady Bird Lake, hike & bike trails, shopping and live entertainment.
Meetings & Event Space
- One of the few hotels in the area that have an entire floor dedicated to events with no guestrooms, and the option to rent out the entire floor including the ballroom if desired
- 14,000 square feet of spaces for indoor and outdoor meetings, weddings and special events, company retreats, and private dining
- A ballroom offers views of the public library and 22-foot floor-to-ceiling windows, as well as direct access to an outdoor balcony
- F&B is completely customizable - you can order anything off of any of the menus within the building or any MMH restaurant in the area
- The new building is the first LEED GOLD-certified, sustainable hotel in the area and consists of 244 hotel rooms, of which 79 are suites, as well as 99 luxury Proper-branded residences
- All interiors are designed by Kelly Wearstler and were influenced by the area’s historic craftsman-style homes, paying homage to art nouveau and arts & crafts motifs, joinery techniques, textures, and materials
- After visiting homes throughout the state as research, Kelly showcases her findings with everything from the lobby’s monolithic wooden staircase covered in vintage carpets topped with an assortment of monolith assorted pots by local ceramicist Rick Van Dyke, to the five-foot-diameter light fixture whose neon accents recall Austin’s iconic neon signs.
Food & Beverage
The property's food & beverage concepts were created by Austin’s own McGuire Moorman Hospitality, the locally based restaurant group from Larry McGuire and Tom Moorman, who have partnered on four concepts. Goldie's and The Peacock are set to open alongside the hotel's debut in December, followed by The Mockingbird in January and, lastly, La Piscina coming in the spring of 2020.
- Goldie's Sunken Bar: Goldie's offers a menu of signature cocktails served from an elegant, sunken bar on the Proper's ground floor next door from the hotel’s main lobby. Available for hotel guests and Proper residents.
- The Peacock Mediterranean Grill: The Peacock features updated takes on Mediterranean classics, including Israeli & Turkish-inspired fare, is the hotel’s marquee restaurant and also services the hotel in room dining.
- The Mockingbird Coffee, Falafel & Rotisserie: The Mockingbird serves casual, Mediterranean-inspired takeaway options catered to hotel guests, residents and neighbors, including fresh pastries, shawarma and sandwiches, with Greek yogurt, beer & wine to-go.
- La Piscina Fajitas & Ceviches: La Piscina is a bright, poolside restaurant with coastal Mexican-inspired dishes, with fresh raw bar ceviches and a variety of wood-fired grill fajitas complimented by a vast tequila and mezcal program.
Other Perks & Amenities
Full service spa to debut in Spring 2020
- A gym with views of Lady Bird Lake, along with Peloton bikes that can be delivered to guestrooms upon request
- An in-house yoga studio with instructors and space for pop-up boutique fitness classes
- Guest-only pool on the fifth floor with three poolside cabanas
- Nespresso machines, Apple TV’s and Aesop bath products in every guestroom
- Proper-branded electric bikes to cruise around downtown