Benchmark, A Global Hospitality Company, has officially launched its recovery initiative that will support meeting planners and partners while creating new solutions for the industry in a post-COVID-19 world. In effect through March 2021, the plan mitigates the risk and uncertainty of committing to new meetings and events. To provide reassurance to corporate planners, the plan includes flexible short-term bookings, relaxed attrition and cancellation fees and 100 percent credit given on rebookings.
In addition, meeting spaces at Benchmark properties will be restructured, focusing on long-term safety to align with physical distancing and optimizing healthy hygiene practices. To support independent planners, Benchmark will increase commissions on new business from 10 percent to 12 percent, with 7 percent distributed immediately upon booking.
The Meeting Accelerator Program includes these elements, which Benchmark sees as essential to the industry’s support and recovery:
Zero Risk Clause
- Zero attrition or cancellation fees will apply to contracted room and food and beverage revenue on new meetings scheduled through March 31, 2021, until 60 days in advance of arrival
- A full, one-time rebooking credit will be extended to new meetings scheduled April 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021, with a minimum cancellation notice requirement of 90 days in advance of arrival; rebooked groups must be of equal or greater contracted revenue and be held by December 31, 2021
Transformative Meeting Environment
- Safe social distance spacing, sanitizer stations, increased air purification and aroma therapies and staggered breaks coordinating event entry and exit timing
- Sustainable, nutritious and enhanced food safety culinary practices, complemented by local sourcing and cooperative partnerships, and skilled culinarians and mixologists
- Staggered refreshment breaks with mindful programming, from guided breathing exercises and yoga, to brain teasers and flash mob dances to stimulate energy and engagement
- Physical, social and creative experiences to enrich attendees, delivered in a safe and secure environment
In creating its Meeting Accelerator initiative, Benchmark collaborated with Associated Luxury Hotels International, Teneo Hospitality Group, HelmsBriscoe, Conference Direct, Hospitality Performance Network, Experient and Maritz.
For more information, or to book a meeting at a Benchmark resort, hotel or conference center, visit www.benchmarkresortsandhotels.com.