Image by Agustín Barrios from Pixabay
A big new convention center is coming to the Riviera Maya. The Barceló Maya Grand Resort complex, which is comprised of the Barceló Maya Palace, Barceló Maya Beach, Barceló Maya Caribe, Barceló Maya Colonial and Barceló Maya Tropical has annnounced plans for a major expansion that includes the opening of one of the largest convention centers in the region, the Barceló Maya Arena, in May 2020. Also planned is the new, adults-only, all-inclusive Barceló Maya Riviera resort, which is set to open this December.
The convention center will include over 190,000 square feet of customizable multi-purpose space for expos, conventions and events. Additionally, a 3,400 square feet terrace is available for gala receptions. For destination weddings, there is also a gazebo near the resort’s infinity pool that has oceanfront views.
The new Barceló Maya Riviera resort will offer:
- 850 guest rooms—more than half of them with ocean views
- Hot tubs in all guestroom balconies
- Double Beds or “Super King” options for all guestrooms
- 110 Swim Up Suites and Junior Suites
- Smart locks through smartphone app
- Five restaurants (four specialty restaurants and one buffet restaurant). The specialty restaurants will offer an array of cuisine, including Mexican (with a “Tacoyaki” bar), French fine dining, Italian, and Japanese (including 10 Tepanyaki tables and one Robatayaki table for fireside cooking)
- Five bars
- Four pools